Sunday, November 1, 2009

Aside from blood and gore jewellery/fashion, I've also been working on making belt buckles.
I decided to get into this earlier in the year when I was having a talk with a friend on msn and we were saying that despite living in different countries (he lives in America) that we should do some sort of a collaboration, using my jewellery and his chain-mail.
We decided that the best thing we could do,
that we would both benefit from would be belt
s/buckles, since we both wear them, and a buckle is easily reproduced through casting.
We decided on an image of a wolf skull as the
buckle, which I would make, and he would make the belts. There would be two castings of the buckle, and he would simply make two belts.
Here is the design for the buckle I came up with.

It's been cast in bronze, because that is a comfortable weight, and is very tough, which is how this needs to be, it needs to be able to withstand
some ba
shing around. This however is not 100% finished yet, as I still need to solder on the back plate and the actual buckle parts.

This is the second buckle I went on to make, once again a wolf skull, although from a different angle this time.
This was not part of the collaboration, it was just because I decided that I liked making buckles.

Once again, another buckle, bronze cast, and this was just because I was really enjoying making them. It looks strange because although it's based on a wolf skull at the same angle as the above picture, it is based on a more brken/decayed skull.

Well, I'll update as I finish these pieces off.
Ammonia Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment